TTC hosts the first international conference for school transportation
The first international conference for school transportation which took place in the Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Center on October 7-9, 2012 was a springboard to establish a world-class school transportation infrastructure. The conference included a global exhibition opened by the Minister of Education Prince Faisal bin Abdullah and attended by a variety of vendors operating in the school transportation market, including displays of the latest technologies; from buses, bus components, and on-bus technology, to software used for the management of school transport data and functions.
The conference was attended by the Minister of Education Prince Faisal bin Abdullah and the deputy Minister of Education for Girls Nora Al-Faiz who came to see speakers from: Sweden, NZ, Ireland, U.S.A, Britain and Kuwait. The conference discussed the following topics:
- Safety and Security.
- Provision of transport for other needs.
- Quality Control.
- Planning for Service Improvement and Technology.
- Managing Institutional change.
- Measuring Financial Performance, Generating Value.
The conference also held the following workshops:
- Leading and Managing Effective Change. “Becoming an Agent of Change”
- Services Planning: Achieving better future outcomes, today.
- Operator Oversight: Effective delivery of the strategy and objectives.
- Understanding Contract Management.
- The future for bus operators in K.S.A.
- Key messages from the workshop and conference.
- Moving forward: Feedback from the workshop.